Lonestar SC SA Jr. Academy is a youth development program for U8, U9, & U10 boys and girls soccer players in San Antonio.
- Long Term Player Development – Set expectations and goals as an organization to improve all participating children’s overall skills and ability to play and enjoy the game of soccer.
- Professional Coaches – Qualify Coaching staff with the ability to relay information to players
- Well Planned Practices – All sessions are selected from club’s long term player development curriculum
- Organized Club – Well structured, planned calendar and constant communication
- Have Fun – Youth soccer players are first and foremost Children having fun
Full time Player Development Directors and professional licensed coaches evaluate players based on individual skill acquisition, decision making and small group understanding in accordance to the Lonestar SC San Antonio academy curriculum. The Lonestar SC San Antonio academy program stresses player development versus results. By focusing on developing the player and putting them in the best training situation that fits the individual helps the player, the team and success will follow.
“True player development focuses on the development of the player, not the development of the team! Up to age 12, this should be the only criteria used in designing and running youth soccer programs.”
Ron Quinn, leading contributor US Youth Soccer Programming